A brief history of the Hall............... The initial attempts  to raise funds to build a church and school at St Barnabas were made by Rev B Perkins in 1840, these resulted in failure. However, by 1847 Rev Peter Thomas Ouvry had completed the fund raising and the school's foundation stone is laid on May 31st. By 1902 - the school had become a Public Elementary School, effectively an Infants School run by Bucks County Council who took over the building. Ultimately, notice was served on Bucks County Council to quit the building and by 1961 school was closed and children transferred elsewhere. The building  reopened as the Church Hall in 1964 and at this time the third bay, the kitchen and committee room were added. A ‘modern’ extension was built onto the 'cottage' to provide accommodation for a Curate and his family. In 1988 - the then Diocesan Architect, Peter Bradley conducted a survey which highlighted subsidence problems with the building, amongst several others related to it’s condition. This situation continued, until by 2003 a serious attempt at correcting the various issues  was instigated with the formation of a Site Redevelopment Committee. This culminated in the recently completed Restoration programme.
For more information on the history of the Hall see: 'The Way to School' Maggi Stannard, 1990 & ‘Linslade Parish Hall' John Vickers
About Us: About Us: Links: Links: Facilities: Facilities: Contacts: Contacts: Find Us: Find Us: Events: Events: History: